What is the NSC?
The Northwoods Support Center (NSC) is available to help quickly identify issues and provide resolutions to our customers. The NSC team members have a wide variety of professional certifications ranging from database configuration and maintenance to network and operating system administration. The staff at the NSC is available to your System Administrators to assist with:
· Application/Administration Questions
· Application Errors
· Defining Problem Scope
· Product Change Requests
How do I contact the NSC?
Support Team A:
Phone (toll free): (877) 279-7440
Support Team B:
Phone (toll free): (877) 279-7441
Support Team C:
Phone (toll free): (877) 745-8630
Which Team Should I Contact?
Team A Supports:
CA, CO, LA, MD, MN, NV, WI
Team B Supports:
NY, OH, VA, USVI
Team C Supports:
When is the NSC available?
The NSC is closed on holidays including New Year's Day, July 4, Thanksgiving Day, the day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day.
Support Team A Hours:
Monday through Friday 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. ET
Support Team B Hours:
Monday through Friday 7 a.m. – 6 p.m. ET
Support Team C Hours:
Monday through Friday 7 a.m. – 6 p.m. ET
What is the customer support process?
Northwoods customers and their designated System Administrators are expected to provide first line support to their end users. The NSC should be contacted when the System Administrator has exhausted their abilities or a software/system defect has been found.
When an issue is reported, the NSC opens a Support Case and sends a notification via email to the designated System Administrator to include:
- Support Case Number
- Short description of the issue
The NSC will work with the System Administrator to define and resolve the issue. Once the issue is resolved the NSC will send a notification outlining the resolution to the issue.
How are support cases prioritized?
Support calls are prioritized by the severity of the impact on your Compass solution in a production environment.
Support emails are monitored, but priority is given to customers calling into the Northwoods Support Center. The NSC responds to email or online support requests in the order they are received.
What information should I gather before contacting the NSC?
When contacting the NSC regarding issues or errors within one of your Compass or Document Management System (DMS) applications, provide as much information as possible so we can more quickly work to resolve the issue.
What information should I provide when contacting the NSC?
· What county and/or agency are you reporting from
· Phone number
· Email address
· Is this a new request or an existing issue? (If existing, have case number available)
· What product or device is causing the issue?
· What user(s) are affected? (Include full name and user name.)
· When did the issue begin happening?
· What changes (major or minor) have been made recently (workstation, server, network, etc.)?
· Can this issue be replicated on the server or another workstation (or by a different user on the same workstation)?
· Does a restart of the application or the workstation resolve the issue?
· Is there an error message? If so, what are the details?
· Are screenshots available? If not, please send them when available.
· Please provide detailed instructions for duplication of the issue. (The better the details, the easier to troubleshoot.)
· What steps have been taken to troubleshoot the issue and what was the outcome?
· Have you verified that access has been enabled for remote support and troubleshooting of your servers?
· Is there any additional information available that may be helpful in troubleshooting this issue (specific document type involved, appointment type, RRRM used, profile being used, model of hardware device failing, etc.)?
What is the NUT?
The Northwoods Upgrade Team (NUT) provides the latest upgrades of Compass and OnBase software to our customers.
How do I contact the NUT to schedule an upgrade?
Phone: (614) 408-8710
When is the NUT available?
Monday through Friday 8am-6pm ET
The NUT is closed on holidays including New Year's Day, July 4, Thanksgiving Day, the day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day.